ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes products, using tools (to include knives), packing, bagging, manual labor and equipment provided in accordance with USDA and Pilgrim’s Company product standards and procedures.
- Process product according to operating procedures and quality/quantity expectations.
- Observes in the work environment notifying appropriate personnel of any foreign material in the product and/or safety issues/concerns.
- Maintain the work area Clean and organized.
- Assist and help a new team members with the skills and knowledge gained from the position.
- Observes all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies. Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, co-workers, and leadership teams.
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies.
- Other duties as directed.
: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) Preferred but no necessary.BASIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to apply common sense.
- Ability to work in cool temperature (around 40 degrees)
- Ability to stand an use hands repetitively for 8-9 hours per day
- Ability to multitask and work quickly.
- Must be a team player and be willing to work close to other employees at some station. (Less than 3 feet apart.)
- Must have good communication skills
- Good hand and eye coordination required
- Food or production experience preferred.
At Pilgrim's, safety is a Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social we our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face covering are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed. EOE/Vets/Disability