TITLE: Production Associate Lear Montgomery
NATURE OF WORK: Incumbents in this position work as part of a self directed work team having responsibility for assembling by hand an entire product or component of a product. Team assemblers perform all tasks conducted by the team in the assembly process and rotate through all stations rather than being assigned to a specific task on a permanent basis.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED (The following duties are typical for this classification. However, any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the examples cover all of the duties which may be performed.)
- Assembles by hand parts and/or components to build various sections of seats.
- Handles, installs, positions, and moves materials, and manipulates parts and/or
- Identifies information by categorizing, estimating, and/or recognizing differences
or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Inspects seat equipment, structures, or materials to identify repair needs or other
problems or defects.
- Observes, receives, and otherwise obtains information from all relevant sources.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE. SKILLS, and ABILITIES;
- Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a
specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures,
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to
- Physical Ability to occasionally lift, carry, and/or move objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Physical Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Physical Ability to read and see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Physical Ability to infrequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach,
twist, and grasp.
- Physical Ability to make fast, simple repetitive movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Physical Ability to operate pneumatic tools.
• Successfully pass the DDI and simulation tests.
High School Diploma